Dreaded Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dreaded Lounge

A community we're everyone can chat, talk with friends, tell about yourself and even more!

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 90 on Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:10 pm
Poll
Latest topics
» Hi everyone
TRA RPG EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 3:56 am by Phil

» I'll make YOU a signature.
TRA RPG EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 3:44 am by Phil

» Favorite Songs!
TRA RPG EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 3:50 am by Phil

» Did anybody play a game from the GTA series??
TRA RPG EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 3:48 am by Phil

» My problem is that...
TRA RPG EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 10:08 pm by Lintire

» Hit Bob with anything
TRA RPG EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 9:36 pm by Lintire

» Do you like Anime?
TRA RPG EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 9:36 pm by Lintire

» Borderlands
TRA RPG EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 6:15 pm by Phil

» whats your favourite sport? and whats the one you hate the most?
TRA RPG EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 5:34 pm by vinster132

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRA RPG

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1TRA RPG Empty TRA RPG Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:01 am

Lintire

Lintire

Well, I'm going to act as if none of you have ever participated in a forum RPG. If you have, please be advised the following is for entertainment purposes only - so don't worry about continuity or any icky stuff like that.

The purpose of an RPG is to assume the persona of someone else, and have as much fun as possible spamming the crap out of the thread while making your own storyline out of the chaos - so it's a good idea to start with the barest outline of a character, and add to him or her as the thread progresses.

Now, there are some rules to this RPG. Y'all should know that to me, "spam" is one or two sentences, not three or four words. You break that rule and go on a rampage to kill the topic, I'll UNFing blam your ass (Newgrounds terminology =D). The following is an example of the barest possible post:
Looking into God's eye, Sukee said "Screw you, cybersucker!"
That's the only rule. No ridiculous spam.

Now, an RPG is a great way to improve the quality of one's posts, but I don't exactly expect you all to be master writers straight out - I've had plenty of practice at this, but the spam design of this RPG should pretty much keep us all at the same level. The first few posts should be the hardest, actually designating your settings and all that, but don't be put off by it - feel free to have your own side-quests, whatever makes you happy.

Now, I'm going to give this RPG a theme and original setting, but don't be put off by that - feel free to take advantage and morph the scenery to you will. But as long as that doesn't interfere with other characters too much. Obviously, you can split a fracture in the ground if it suits you, but you can't just go "I destroy your base. lol" if the other poster has spent the past 20 turns describing it.

Etiquette in RPGs.

Controlling other people's characters:

Big, BIG non-no. You can only really imply that you're about to control a character, that is indirectly assume control.

Incorrect:
"Dragging Jane over to the chair, Jill straps her down and starts the interrogation"
This is bad. By refusing to let Jane intervene, Jill has gone ahead and been a Beach.

Correct:
"Grasping Jane tightly by the hand, Jill starts dragging her over to the interrogation chair in the middle of the room"
Giving Jane a chance to react is the correct way to post - although she has no real options, control is indirectly implied instead of assumed.

This pisses people off less.

Third or First Person:

Third-Person Perspective: "Jane went over to the chair of her own free will" is basically steering that character without directly controlling it. It's the preferred medium for RPGs, but isn't required.

First Person Perspective: "I run the hell away from the chair, thinking to myself "Screw them"" Is basically assuming the character.

For pity's sake try to stick to one or the other once you've created your character.

Character Sheet

In order to decrease writing and try to get you to define your character as the random-ass adventure continues, I'll keep it as brief as possible.

Name:
Hair:
Eyes:
Starting Stuff:

For an example, you could go:

Name: Jester
Race: Human
Hair: Short Blonde
Eyes: Slanted, and glowing red
Starting Stuff: Jester Tunic (red and black), some odd coinage

Setting

Just to keep it brief and versatile.

It's the year 1020 in a fantastical realm, where magic, and dragons, and technology co-exist. Elves in cyber-armour wielding data-crossbows fight alongside dwarfs wielding might Banhammers.
In the center of this wonderful universe, There exists a fuel station. The cafe adjourned to it, know for it's reckless adventuring patrons, is named "The Dreaded Lounge".

This is where your adventure begins.

http://z14.invisionfree.com/halozero

2TRA RPG Empty Re: TRA RPG Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:07 am

Lintire

Lintire

Name: Wrath
Race: Night Elf
Hair: Long black
Eyes: Pure white
Starting Stuff: Basic black t-shirt and jeans, along with about 150 credits.

-----------

Wrath sat up with his back up against the glass wall of the Dreaded Lounge, slowly stirring the coffee that had gone long past drinkable. The cafe was half-crowded, and his eyes scanned the room.

3TRA RPG Empty Re: TRA RPG Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:37 am

John

John
Manager

Name: Bazman
Race: Dwarve
Hair: No hair
Eyes: Black
Starting Stuff: Tuxedo, Mudkip Helm.

----------

As Bazman went through battles, battling ogres, trolls, and much more important, dragons, With his tuxedo and Mudkip Helm.

https://dlounge.forumotion.com

4TRA RPG Empty Re: TRA RPG Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:10 am

Phil

Phil
Advanced Member

Name: Senk orien
Race: human
hair: short cut (he served in the military)
Eyes: Brown
Starting stuff : a police shirt with jacket and jeans.. a pistol with 2 extra clips

Senk sat on the stool near the cafe drinking strong whiskey... he spots a dark elf at the other end of the room and recognizes him from a wanted poster..

(by the way im an amateur fantasy writer .. if you need any help i could give it a try :) .

5TRA RPG Empty Re: TRA RPG Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:36 am

Lintire

Lintire

Morkas locked eyes with the police officer. Immediately he stopped stirring the cold cup of coffee - liquid splashed over the sides, staining the pristine white ceramic that served as a tabletop in the ragtag cafe.
A bead of sweat trickled down his cheek as began to stir again, ever slowly. But now his casual and bored posture was tense - ready to run, if the officer made a move.

OOC: Glad to hear it! I'm sure you'll make a great RPer.

OOC means Out-Of-Context. It's the standard indicator that what you're saying is definitely not part of the RP. I would have included it in the starting post, but I felt it was long enough already and didn't want to add to it.

6TRA RPG Empty Re: TRA RPG Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:38 am

Phil

Phil
Advanced Member

Senk jumped off his stool and knocked two others over in the
process .. quickly drawing out his weapon he aimed at the
dark elfs leg...

7TRA RPG Empty Re: TRA RPG Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:13 am

Lintire

Lintire

Without thinking, Morkas launched himself backwards - shoving over the table and crushing a dwarve's leg as he rammed himself against the glass he was leaning against - as the coffee spilled into the air, the window broke. Ripping his arms open as he pushed his body, he gave the cop the finger.

With a few kilometres between himself and the ground, Morkas closed his eyes and enjoyed the ride down.

8TRA RPG Empty Re: TRA RPG Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:49 pm

Phil

Phil
Advanced Member

Senk .. not at all affected by his failure .. helped up the Dwarf who had fallen ..who stood there cursing him and the dark elf.. senk then grabbed his bottle of whiskey and walked out the cafe .. he looked around and spotted nothing.. then simply walked back to his Vehicle and Began to Drive Down the road..

9TRA RPG Empty Re: TRA RPG Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:45 am

Lintire

Lintire

Grabbing an elevator wire, Morkas spun done - leaving a slight blood trail, but other wise landing on the scorched and fire-beaten earth of the city unharmed. Looking in each direction - grand, white structures rising out of the desert, he took a breath and simply waltzed towards the nearest vet.
"Oh, bloody hell!"
The hospital would have been too conspicuous, and now he'd have every cop in the next 10 kilometres on his ass. If he was lucky.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum